Thursday, December 3, 2009

ANOTHER FREE RANGE MURDERER

Several times previously I've given here the opinion that the people responsibility for prematurely freeing criminals that proceed to perpetrate violent crimes should also share in the responsibility for those outcomes.

I have not modified that view, but I found it fascinating that when I read the first "news" report of the lunatic police-murderer in Seattle, Republican Huckabee was prominent for releasing the mad dog. It's true, and he should answer for it, but it was the first time I'd seen an elected official fingered, so to speak, in that way, whereas the story did not mention that the murderer was out on bail for a recent rape.

This startling bias in favor of liberals is why I write "news" so often here, but don't you agree that judges, psychiatrists, governors, psychologists, presidents - what have you - should be held accountable for permitting vicious predators that still should be incarcerated to roam among us? If they were, don't you suppose they'd be considerably more conservative and circumspect in their decisions?

No comments: