Thursday, January 17, 2013

WHITTLING AWAY YOUR BILL OF RIGHTS

Lately a Republican friend said to me, "Why should anyone want an Uzi?"
\
"Darned if I know," I answered. By the same token, I'd have no interest in or use for a magazine that holds umpteen cartridges.

Therefore, I wouldn't mind the imposition of restrictions such as those, right?

Wrong. Given the placement of limitations such as those, I know from experience that it wouldn't be long until government was seeking to deny me a semi-automatic .300 Winchester, say, a .44 magnum pistol or a magazine with even smaller capacity than the current limit. Whittle, whittle, whittle, until the Right has been debrided into nonexistence.

The selfless, dedicated geniuses that composed the Constitution did not say, for example, that we could have pistols but no rifles or that we could not carry a weapon under a coat. They gave us the right to bear arms - period.

I trust those men; I do not trust Buffoon Biden or B.O. the Neighborhood Organizer or loonies like Feinstein and Shumer and Breyer and Ginsberg and ... well, you know the roster.

I BELIEVE IN THE U.S. CONSTITUTION. DON'T TREAD ON IT.

No comments: