Wednesday, November 10, 2010

HORRYWOOD STRIKES A BLOW AGAINST THE PAST, THE DEAD

If one wants to strike a blow impervious to retaliation, he’s safest in choosing something or someone deceased. Horrywood is quite adept at slanders and low-blows of this kind, and it doesn’t a bit to be the only agency with the power to propagandize on a such a grand scale; what other force commands so much attention? What other group can launch a return barrage of comparable magnitude?

Lately I watched a portion of a movie entitled “Shutter Island.” And, for a time, I was convinced I’d rented a winner. Deep, sinister machinations and intriguing, inexplicable behavior were afoot, and I was interested to see what all might be in the stew.

Not many minutes into it, however, and without apparent relevance to the plot, Leonardo DiCaprio, trying to get to the bottom of whatever it was, was having flashbacks of – what would you guess? Well, it was Dacha, and there were literally piles of pitiable, frozen corpses heaped up to shock the entering U.S. military, Lenny one of them.

I correctly recognized this and succeeding, similar interruptions as Horrywood’s assuring that if a viewer had gone one or two weeks without a dose of bulletins pertaining to “the six million,” it would provide a booster shot.. “It’s an empire controlled by Jews,” I said to myself with a surfeit of evidence, “so accept that and watch the damned movie.”

Not many minutes later, however, one of the sinister forces in charge of the eldritch mental hospital turned out to be German! (Actually, Max von Sydow is a Swede, I believe, but that accent is close enough to fool an American audience.) “I’ll just bet he’s an ex-Nazi,” I said to myself, and I’m so confident I don’t regret missing most of the extravaganza.

What clinched the deal and caused the disk, unfinished, to go spinning out into the dark and weeds was the revelation that the insidious mental facility was funded by – no, not Nazis, at least not of the classical type, but the next most dreadful thing, the HOUSE UNAMERICAN ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE!!!!

Yes, indeed, I kid you not. Somehow this mind-altering house of horrors had escaped the G.A.O.’s notice, and the witch-hunters, with and like “the six million”-causing Nazis, were perpetrating atrocities on – I can’t say for certain, for I jettisoned the garbage to avoid puking – but I would guess on bucolic, peace-loving Communists.

It was a splendid vindication for Lillian Hellman, Dashielle Hammett, Clifford Odettes, Zero Mostel, Sterling Hayden, and other peace-loving, Horrywood Communists that suffered a little discomfiture from the witch hunts but didn’t truly mean any harm – aside, in some cases, of plotting the violent overthrow of the U.S. government.

Say, if the violent overthrow of the U.S. government was justifiable in the 1950’s. just think how more appropriate it would be for today’s dictatorship!.

Anyway, that’s today’s entertainment report.

No comments: