Saturday, June 5, 2010

A GUEST CONTRIBUTION ABOUT BLOCKBUSTER

It's about something much more important than Blockbuster, but I thought that made a catchy subject.
With my comments in square brackets, a friend wrote me,
"Recently I rented from Blockbuster Online a movie called "The Invention of Lying," which turned out to be a typical Horrywood [He's picked up my terminology] derogation of religion. [Christian and, in this case, Jewish, that is; Muslims murder critics, which practice insulates them from a good deal of it].
"I was so offended that when the Blockbuster system invited me to write one, I entered the following review.
"Amusing for a few minutes, the film turned rapidly and disgustingly into one more Hollywood, meaning the 'entertainment' industry, lampoon of God and religion. Interestingly, the Blockbuster synopsis of it mentioned nothing of the sort.
"Naturally, I was amazed when the system advised me to remove the 'objectionable words' from my statement and rejected the entry! So what's objectionable; 'God?' Have the lousy atheists so cowed public corporations that they shrink from the word 'God?'
"I then wrote Blockbuster customer care in Dallas, asked about this matter, and mentioned a couple of other problems with their service. I received answers to the latter, but my query about the propriety of words was ignored entirely.
"The Land of the Cowed; the Home of Cowards. That's where we live."
This requires no elaboration from your trusty blogger. My friend is pursuing the incident, and people that care about their country and righteousness should stand up when they experience similar treatment.

No comments: