Monday, July 4, 2011

2011 FOUNDING FATHERS AND MOTHERS? NO THANKS.

When giving thanks for this nation - and I hope everyone joins me in doing so (By the way, I haven't seen any patriotic messages from the White House today.)- my first thought is always of the set of people on hand to pledge their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honors to create it.

Take a moment to try and picture the U.S. if it were to be defined and defended by the likes of Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi, Frank, B.O., J. Jackson, Collins, Snowe, Lugar, the Klintoons, ... ah, it's too painful to envision. I'd rather we remain a colony if that's the only alternative.

We were fantastically fortunate to have the ones that we had, and now the test is whether what they created can survive the assaults of the crew above.

No comments: